On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:24:31PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> 1) Build minimal perl 6 with default parameters using platform build tool

But "platform build tool" is going to be 'make' - the alternative is
that we maintain and ship every flavour of batch or shell script we can
think of. I don't think much of that.

And if we have to use make, then we're back with the very problems of portably
calling compilers and so on that this supposed new build system was meant to
avoid.

--
Britain has football hooligans, Germany has neo-Nazis, and France has farmers.
-The Times