On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:11:12PM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > I personally would rather that perl 6 handle perl 6 code only, and leave
> > the compilation and interpretation of perl 5 code to perl 5.
>
> FWIW, I agree 100% with Dan.

I'm curious to see how mutt will handle this thread when it gets off the
right hand side of the screen, so would it be possible to have another
couple of rounds of this?

For those who aren't quite sure of the rules, post one of these messages
at the appropriate time:

 - Larry said perl6 will parse perl5 code by default.
 - I don't want to have to put "module" in my one liners.
 - Let's have a switch -6.
 - What's wrong with -M6?
 - Just use the shebang line.
 - Can't perl determine whether it's perl5 or perl6?
 - perl6 should parse perl6 by default.

Improvisation and embellishment is allowed, but don't get too far off
the beaten track or people won't be sure which message they should post
next and then the thread will die.

[ :-) for those who like such things ]

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]