On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, David Grove wrote:

> The Perl 5 path is almost dead: adventurers and Win32 users are the
> vast majority using it at all.

Since when?

> Add Solaris 8 1/01 to the list of OS's that have completely rejected
> 5.6, as I discovered last night, and I'd imagine that there are more.

Not true; Sun is just being their paranoid selves and put on 5.005
instead.  I'm sure they will go to 5.6 when 5.8 is out; that's their
style.

>From 'www.perl.com':

"For the faint of heart, the previous version of Perl is the 5.005_03
release. Timid souls who are afraid to upgrade to the current release
might want this."

Sun probably decided that they are faint of heart.

> Let Perl 5 die with the corporate interests.

Corporate interests?  That's news to me.  I always thought that the people
who worked on Perl 5 were the hard-working folks on p5p.

- D

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>