On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Ken Fox wrote:

> Andy Wardley wrote:
>
> > Can we overload + in Perl 6 to work as both numeric addition
> > and string concatenation ...
>
> Isn't there some nifty Unicode operator perl6 could enlist? ;)
>
> How about concatenating adjacent operands? ANSI C does this
> with string constants and it works very well. It would become
> one of those great Perl sound bites too: the community
> couldn't decide on the operator, so perl6 left it out.

        This is another reason I want meta-operators.  That way, we could
have a meta-operator which indicated that the operands should be treated as
strings instead of numbers.  And you could have another meta-operator for
case-sensitivity (for string comparisons).  Some of those combining unicode
symbols would be great for this.

        On the subject of Unicode, I'm using Yudit as an editor, and SimPL as
the font; note that if you follow their instructions for globally adding SimPL
to Yudit as an allowed font, you'll have to delete your .yudit directory (or
modify it separately).
Yudit: http://www.yudit.org/
SimPL: http://www.vector.org.uk/v161/phil161.htm

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | I am                           |