[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Smylers) writes:
> >    ... they believed that the + should concatenate the two strings.
> >
> > Makes perfect sense to me.
>
> Makes sense in a language where variables are typed

It also makes sense in a language where values are typed. They just
have to be slightly more strongly typed than just "scalar". But Perl 6
is already going to support INT and STRING built-in types, right? So I
see no problem with + doing string concat. I could mention some other
languages (or at least, a language (of which I'm becoming considerably
more fond as I get to know it (especially having just come back from
Japan (excuse the jet lag)))) which takes this approach.

--
Sigh.  I like to think it's just the Linux people who want to be on
the "leading edge" so bad they walk right off the precipice.  (Craig