Probably not a shared goal.

State surveillance has been a "mandate" since the
inception of communications - postal, long before
electronic.  Essentially ever nation engages in it.
Most users don't care.  Some welcome it. Few users
will pay the price or accept the contraints to mitigate it.
Even fewer providers will go out of business to avoid
it.  In most instances involving individuals, the State
threat represents a far less a danger than other actors.
The obvious exceptions are industrial espionage and
cyberwarfare.

The paranoid should climb inside a sealed mu-metal
box with a Faraday shield around it and never exit.

--tony