Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
As for when it *will* be committable --- Heikki is saying two weeks
if no new problems crop up, but given the rate at which new problems
have been found so far, what are the odds of that?  We've seen this
movie before.

Since it's going to take us two weeks to clean up the other loose ends
anyway, there's no harm in letting Simon and Heikki try to complete the
patch by then.  But I'll happily lay a side bet with you about what the
situation will be two weeks from now.

I think Tom wins this bet, since it's now been four weeks.  In fact,
he was being optimistic: the loose ends aren't cleaned up either
(based on a review of the wiki, we're about half way there: six
patches have been committed in the intervening time and seven remain
in the queue).

Agreed. Simon has finished the pending items he had four weeks ago, but the code clearly isn't ready for commit yet as new issues are cropping up. And I think the way subtransactions are handled, which has been a difficult part of the patch all along, still needs more thinking.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas