On ons, 2009-12-30 at 13:23 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I'd like to see at
> least the outline of an API before we go any further. JSON is, shall
> we
> say, lightly specified, and doesn't appear to have any equivalent to
> XPath and friends, for example. How will we extract values from a
> JSON
> object? How will we be able to set values inside them?

I think the primary use will be to load a JSON value into Perl or Python
and process it there.  So a json type that doesn't have any interesting
operators doesn't sound useless to me.  The features I would like to get
out of it are input validation and encoding handling and smooth
integration with said languages.