"Joshua D. Drake"  wrote:

> Can someone tell me what we are going to do about firewalls that
> impose their own rules outside of the control of the DBA?

Has anyone actually seen a firewall configured for something so
stupid as to allow *almost* all the various packets involved in using
a TCP connection, but which suppressed just keepalive packets?  That
seems to be what you're suggesting is the risk; it's an outlandish
enough suggestion that I think the burden of proof is on you to show
that it happens often enough to make this a worthless change.

-Kevin