Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Vinay Jain wrote:

You mean that I should create a static table in C program itself and use it...if i am not wrong
Ya for the time being i am doing this thing but actually table is bigger (around 5000 rows with 6 columns)

bigger than what?

also this table is also created and destroyed in each indchar_lt call which is called many times in order by clause

uh ... maybe you need to look in your C manual about the effect of a "static" declaration. The object will be created once.

yup I know the effect of Static but this is also fact that when program terminates and restarts object will be created again...(not persistant)..

one thing strikes in my mind is that indchar_lt is function in shared object file indchar.so.....if this file is not unloaded during Order by call than this static defination can work for me..
Not sure but I think this file is loaded each time indchar_lt is called in order by clause...

one more thing i want it generalized so that I can include other indian languages also..without changing code..
If there is not any method to get results fast using database table i will have to opt this option only..

Not for what you want - you are pursuing a chimera, IMNSHO.

cheers

andrew
regards

Vinay jain