The thing is you use to have one instance of the same MCRepository per package.
By example, the Pharo repository was in fact #{packageNumber} instances.

So the change you make on one (by example, string your password) was not
reflected to the others.
And it seems that during the fix of this, this issue was introduced.

(I think the easy solution taken was to have the same repositories for
everything).
It’s indeed kind of a paint o deal with, but a smaller one that it use to be :)

Definitely it’s a bug, not a feature :)
We should wait tip Guillermo’s answer since he was the one fixing this painful
behaviour (2 sprints ago)

Ben