It is symmetrical to String>>asClass which proves rather elegant for scripting class lookup.

Why is it not good?
Because you are binding RPackage (which is for now a layer on top of class) directly inside the kernel and this should not be done like that. May be you defined it as a class extension (I hope) I could not see the code. We should stop extending core classes. It makes the system more complex to maintain and decompose.

String should not contain all the asXXXX methods from earth.
Why we do not have asMethod, asPoint, asPlayer, asSound ?

Stef