Hi,

Indeed, having all "asXYZ from the Earth" would not be desirable to have in
the Kernel, but:
- asPackage is packaged in *RPackage-SystemIntegration, so it's not in the
Kernel
- I think extending String is a cheap and rather elegant way to ease common
access patterns, and in this case RPackage is a common thing to look at.

So, from this perspective, I think it is good to have asPackage.

If my main system would be something about Players, and I would need ways
to script that be sure I would have an asPlayer in my image (not in Pharo
though :)).

I would have actually preferred to put this in Symbol, but I saw that
asClass is in String and I implemented it in the same way.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com