I don't want to speak for him, but I think he meant Github.
If what you want is visibility and relevance there is no OTHER place to get it.

It's not only about features (I use Bitbucket for my private
projects), it's about marketing, it about appearing in reports like
this: http://githut.info/

A big diamond hidden in bottom of ocean is worth less than a small
diamond on a showcase.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo