Hi

Why not use <example> pragma in the way you propose for <examplar>? Why we need two?

Apparently from the old discussion, people like <example> to prompt and open the example
when this is something visual. This is ok for me.
In my proposal we can get the best of both worlds.
    - instance to use in tests
    - instance to learn and tweak with GTInspector
    - examples that we can see opening.

    Hi

    In my projects I start to do the following:

    I create <examplar> class method that returns an prototypical
    instance.

    I use such methods in my tests as fixture.

    Then I would like to have nautilus presenting to me the <examplar>
    with a little triangle and when I press

    on them I get an inspector on them.

    This way I get the same behavior than with default <example>
    methods that open an widget, image....

    If we agree on that

        - I can take all the <example> and turn them if necessary into
    examplar.

        - extend Nautilus to send an inspect to the result of examplar
    tagged method.

    I think that we can achieve a lot in terms of discovery with such
    simple changes.

    Stef

    PS: I reread the old thread and I think that this is a reasonable
    approach that makes

    the pro instances (like me) and the pro examples showing some
    things (like me) happy.