Hi Guille,

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:48 AM, Guillermo Polito <guillermopol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> during today's sprint we have been working with lots of people on the
> infinite debugger problem (https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/22085/). We have
> checked the emails sent in the latest month. Then, together with Quentin,
> Pablo, Pavel, Yoan we have been discussing and testing hypothesis all day. We
> have been also comparing the debuggers code between pharo 3/4 (where the bug
> was is present) and pharo 7, but this was not necessarily straight forward as
> the code is not the same and there is no easy diff...

This is frustrating.  I can’t see the issue cuz I can’t login to fogbugz.
Having to login to read an issue is a major flaw.  I can see it makes sense for
submitting, but fir merely browsing it should be unacceptable.  That said...

The pragma <primitive: 199> actually sets the primitive number in the method,
so it it not merely a pragma; it alters bits in the method that the VM uses to
search for handler contexts.  So why one would do that for evaluateSignal:
makes no sense to me. The primitive should be set only in on:do: or something
very similar (for example one could imagine adding on:or:do: instead of using ,
to construct an ExceptionSet).  So I think removing it from evaluateSignal: is
definitely the right thing to do.

As far as tests for findNextHandlerFrom:, this is tested implicitly by any
nested exception test so I expect you have several tests affected.  Clément
points to a test that fails when not including <primitive: 199> in
evaluateSignal: so more investigation is necessary.  Difficult to do while bugs
are hidden in fogbugz.  When are they going to migrate the github where they
belong?