On 06/29/2018 07:48 AM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> during today's sprint we have been working with lots of people on the
> infinite debugger problem (https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/22085/).
> We have checked the emails sent in the latest month. Then, together
> with Quentin, Pablo, Pavel, Yoan we have been discussing and testing
> hypothesis all day. We have been also comparing the debuggers code
> between pharo 3/4 (where the bug was is present) and pharo 7, but this
> was not necessarily straight forward as the code is not the same and
> there is no easy diff...
>
> AAAAND, we have found that the problem may come from a wrong pragma
> marker. Just removing that pragma gives us back the same behaviour as
> in  Pharo 3/4. :D
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1621
>
> I know that the exception handling/debugging has been modified several
> times in the latest years (some refactorings, hiding contexts...), we
> unfortunately don't have tests for it, so I'd like some more pair of
> eyes on it. Ben, Martin could you take a look?

Hi Guille,
I'm just back from vacation last week, and about to go on vacation for
another week, but I'll see what I can see.
About the primitive pragmas for context-marking, I think some of those
were changed for the exception handling fix that Andres and I did a few
years back, so *could* be involved in this. I'd hate to see regression
in the exception handling in an attempt to fix this bug.

Regards,
-Martin