On 12/28/2015 01:00 PM, Martin Bähr wrote:
Excerpts from Ben Coman's message of 2015-12-28 12:52:02 +0100:
I'm quite comfortable with spirituality in the right context.  Its
just a *distraction* from the technical content.  Your posts have
interesting technical questions but the spiritual padding obfuscates
them such that I can't understand what you are asking and makes me
feel unqualified to any answer - so can only ignore such posts. But
actually I don't like doing so, thus I sought to advise you in a
concise way that did not pollute the mail list too much.    I'm sure
others in the community are in the same boat, so really you are
narrowing your opportunity for useful responses from the community.
i'd like to second that. robert, the problem is that we are unfamiliar with the
terminology you are using. comparing pharo to religious concepts can be
interesting, but to make such a comparison, it would be necessary to explain
why such a comparison is relevant and what pharo users can gain from it. and
explain what each of the concepts are, in plain words.

Pharo may benefit from a broad analogy. It may help to attract new users.

But I got you. I will find a separate medium for explicitly spiritual. The meta-memes I would like to keep in scope here, with relevant limits, related to interactive fiction and overlay semantic proxies to color technical differently. Vampires and mummies, perhaps! Just kidding. :)

best,
robert

I don't seem to have a problem nor am I breaking any "rules" I am aware of
you are breaking the rule of missing or loosing your audience.

Interesting that you take such an adversarial position to a polite
request.  Religion is divisive and any particular doctrine can
alienate community members of some other doctrine
religion should not be divisive.
if religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred, division, it is better to be
without it[1].

my personal corollary: if talking about religion leads to dislike, then i stop
talking about it.

greetings, martin.
[1|`Abdu’l-Bahá]

--