Ciao,

> Hi Dario,

> <dario.trussa...@tiscali.it>:

>> Ciao,
>>
>>      IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION:
>>
>>              If i started the Pharo 5.0 image from the desktop icon all
>> works fine.
>
>       Do you note this difference?!
>
> Of course. Paths/environment may be (is probably) different when you start
> from the desktop icon and when you start it from Contents/Resource.
>

>>              But i have a working  Pharo5.0-161126.image     into the Pharo
>> 5.0 package Contents/ Resource/          directory.
>>
>>              I open it with Pharo5.0 ( Pharo5.0 )  application.
>>
>>                      The Pharo image is right open           but the
>> GitFileTree loading      generates the exception in this case.
>

>>      These are the step i do for load:
>>
>>      I open the Catalogs Browser and select the GitFileTree project.
>>
>>      On it  i press the right mouse button and do the option:
>> Instal stable version
>>
>>      The system browse a dialog with:
>>
>>              " GitFileTree has not been marked as tested for Pharo5.0!
>>                      Do you want to continue ( installation could fail )?
>>
>> Ok. Will have a look into the catalog browser source code to get rid of
>> that. I know that the catalog browser uses the Pharo6
>> ConfigurationOfGitFileTree instead of the Pharo5 one.
>
>       But the same procedure and relative ConfigurationOfGitFileTree,
>
>                works fine when i load it to Pharo             launched from
> Pharo desktop icon.
>
>       The problematic is when i load it into  Pharo5.0-161126.image   from
> the Pharo 5.0 package Contents/ Resource/ subdirectory.
>
> I have noticed and my questions relate to that.
>

>>      I confirm.
>>
>>      The Pharo load some 'package'   and after the image  use the 100% of
>> the CPU.
>>
>>      After some times the CPU load don't change ( 100% ) and the Pharo don't
>> answer. ( the User interrupt alt  Cmd - :   is not intercepted )
>>
>> Yes, this one is problematic.
>>
>> Could you try to load OSSubprocess from the configuration browser? Tell me
>> if it locks-up while trying to load that.
>
>       Like above,  load OSSubprocess:
>
>               A ) Into Pharo launched from desktop icon               all
> works fine.
>
>               B) Into Pharo5.0-161126.image launched from :     the Pharo 5.0
> package Contents/ Resource/     subdirectory
>
>                       the system locks-up
>
> Does this lockup happens if you load something else from the catalog, such as
> Roassal2?

        I load he Roassal2 without problem in both images ( Pharo desktop and
Pharo5.0 Contents/ Resource/Pharo5.0-161126.image )

        When i run Roassal2 example ( RTLayoutExample new exampleCircle )  in
both images       the system answer:

        Error: External module not found

ExternalLibraryFunction(Object)>>error:
ExternalLibraryFunction(Object)>>externalCallFailed
ExternalLibraryFunction(ExternalFunction)>>invokeWithArguments:
AthensCairoSurface class>>primImage:width:height:
AthensCairoSurface class>>extent:format:
AthensCairoSurface class>>extent:
TRCanvas>>initialize
TRCanvas class(Behavior)>>new
RTView>>initialize
RTView class(Behavior)>>new
RTMondrian(RTBuilder)>>createView
RTMondrian>>createView
RTMondrian(RTBuilder)>>initialize
RTMondrian>>initialize
RTMondrian class(Behavior)>>new
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:for:logged:
Compiler class>>evaluate:
RTLayoutExample(RTAbstractExample)>>installTitle:code:
RTLayoutExample class>>DoIt
OpalCompiler>>evaluate
RubSmalltalkEditor>>evaluate:andDo:
RubSmalltalkEditor>>evaluateSelectionAndDo:
RubSmalltalkEditor>>printIt
[ :target | target editor printIt ] in RubSmalltalkEditor
class>>buildShortcutsOn: in Block: [ :target | target editor printIt ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:

        thanks,