On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:18:54 +0000
Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well there is a move towards Pillar for class and method commands so
> who knows maybe we will have that soon enough ;)

Let me say that I'm very happy seeing that Pillar is moving forward (e.g.
addition of support for footnotes) as well as plan for the future (*.epub
support) since I'm considering whether it could serve as single-source markup
for all of one's writings?

After migrating from Python-powered static-site-generator (to Hugo) and rst
markup I was considering to use AsciiDoc(tor) markup for all my content, but,
so far, due to using Emacsm settled to use org-mode instead. Haven't tried with
slides (yet), but there is Pandoc support for it.

Therefore, I'd rather see Pillar support in Pandoc which would buy us even more
import/export capabilities for free instead of focusing on single formats like
*.odt, *.epub etc.

Pillar with 1st class support in Pandoc would, imho, improve status of Pharo
itself making it along with Pillar exceelent tool for development as well as
for all writing needs - articles, books, documentation, slide-presentations.

But it would be nice to make it more transparent where/how can one submit
feature request for Pillar?

Fogbugs issue trakcer is certainly not the ideal place these days...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no