On 07-11-17 19:38, alanone1 via Pharo-users wrote:
(So what is the big problem with doing something better than PPT in
Pharo?)

Lots of tiny things, resulting in presentations not looking very good.
I have done a lot of workshops with glamour based browsers, integrating (visualization) exercises in the glamour browser just mapping them to methods. It works well and is easy to do. And the font metrics were not correct, not supporting ligatures and kerning. There was a lack of support for adding media in an easy-to-distribute format, no support for multiple monitors, no HiDPI display support, bad support for rotating text and scaling without artifacts. And in Pharo the continuous change resulting in each workshop needing fixing each time I gave it, and the lack of widespread morphic knowledge and slow and slightly uncoordinated removal of features that were seen as unmaintainable and or not used.

So I'm very happy that finally a lot of the things I've been waiting for are now coming together and I can switch to the easier problem :)

> And, in fact, it is also quite demoralizing to have to use this !@#$%
> non-WYSIWYG horrible web editor to make this comment ....

I use thunderbird and news.gmane.org to avoid that.

Stephan