I've often used Pharo and Squeak for presentations, particularly when
interactive widgets can get me beyond typical presentation stuff. The main
hurdle I see in getting a really awesome Pharopoint is that I'd like to
have a presenter interface that is different for me the presenter than what
the audience sees. Here are some things that come to mind:
(1) Allow me to keep my higher resolution 16x10 aspect ratio screen and
present to a 4x3 monitor.
(2) Allow me to keep presenter notes that people can't see.
(3) Allow me a preview of upcoming slides and to jump around.
(4) Make my cursor on the presentation leave a trail, so I can highlight
things with my mouse.
>From a programming Pharo programming perspective, this stuff isn't hard.
Where the rubber hits the road is that Pharo needs to interact with the
operating system to set up the two different decoration-less windows,
displaying one on the projector and keeping the other one on the laptop. In
Powerpoint and the like, getting into this mode is just a button click
away. Once that functionality is just a few lines of Smalltalk away, I'm
sure we'll see really interesting versions of Pharopoint coming soon after.

Just my two cents,

Jeff