On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Andreas Brodbeck <da...@mindclue.ch> wrote:

> Am 28.11.17 um 12:46 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > Do you know why method contexts are trying to be serialized? Of course,
> > probably because of closures.  Do you think / know / are aware of
> closures
> > as part of your graph? Maybe Sorted Collection?
> > I am asking because if the only thing is SortedCollection then we can use
> > some hook...
>
> I have closures in several places in the object graph. These are objects
> with some pluggable functionality, which I rely on.

*OK. The question is then if those closures are "clean" or not.* In other
words, what's their scope? Do they refer to variables defined outside  the
closure (in which case you would need the methods contexts / stack) or are
they clean in the sense that you could be able to replace them via a string
and then compile them again ?
Some time ago we added a #isClean to BlockClosure. You can test a few of
your closures to see if this is the case or not.

Btw, I have an application for a client in which we also have closures to
define some pluggable behavior. But what I do is:

1) guarantee they are 100% clean (does not go outside of scope)
2) aside from the "block" instVar I also add another instVar which is the
"string" version of it. Then I always implement
#fuelIgnoredInstanceVariableNames to ignore all those "block" instVars, yet
DO NOT ignore the "string" like of those closures. Then, of course, the
getter of the block instvar does a lazy compilation if the block instVar is
nil...

I know you already have your application written, but I am trying to
explain how I was able to use Fuel for this case...

> Just for my better understanding, I like to ask: The FLMethodChanged
> errors will show up for *EVERY* method of a materialized object (Since
> the bytecodesHash changed for every method) or just those methods which
> involve fuel-persisted MethodContexts? (Sorry, if the question is
> stupid, but I am rather new to Fuel internals)

As far as I can remember, the latter.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com