> On 24 Jan 2019, at 12:10, Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Often we have users of emacs and vim that request a way to use their favorite
> shortcuts or features. Some even ask "Would not be nice if I could use my
> favorite code editor with Pharo ?"
>
> Actually not only you can do it, its also very easy. So the following video
> tutorial explains in the first 3 minutes how to do this and then spends
> another 10 min talking about how this could be automated to be completely
> automatic and instantaneous.
>
> https://youtu.be/3YfRhDafIxs

Everybody is of course totally free to do whatever they want, but really, why
the hell would you want to do that ?

You lose so much by doing that, I do not even know where to start.

A big part of what makes Pharo (or any Smalltalk) special is the IDE written in
itself.

Editing a .st file has always been possible, it is masochism.

There is for example https://github.com/dmatveev/shampoo-emacs which already
makes a bit more sense (but even then).

Really, why do you think all these big IDE environments exist in the first
place ?

Sven