I am one of those that Dimitris Chloupis calls "shortcut guys". Actually, I
think using the mouse is a performance killer.
I agree with the argument that editing files instead of manipulating the
image wouldn't make sense, if I could edit code as fast as I do in Emacs or
Vim. In those editors, you have macros. They are explicitly designed to be
usable without the mouse. At some point, you manipulate text without
thinking. That's nowhere near what you can accomplish with Nautilus (or
Calypso, I suspect).

Having said that, I don't use Emacs or Vim to edit .st files, but in
specific cases when I know what I'm doing and it's not dealing with live
objects, but with bootstrapping images.

In the past, I felt I was missing Emacs because I wasn't yet fully immersed
in a live environment. I was uncomfortable editing code in Pharo, but it
was tolerable. Of course, it would have been much more tolerable if I
didn't know Emacs, so I wasn't aware of what I was missing.

I expect to be able to customize the keybindings (which would be a huge
boost for me) in Nautilus or Calypso, and once that happens my life in
Pharo would be much much happier.

In summary, if someone misses Emacs or Vim when working with Pharo, it
could be due to:
- being stuck in the file-based way to think of coding.
- or, missing the productivity aids that are not present on Pharo.

Besides that, is there an easy way to run an image in text-only mode, with
a REPL or a playground or something like that?