-----Original Message-----
From: Pharo-users [mailto:pharo-users-boun...@lists.pharo.org] On Behalf Of
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2019 15:53
To: Any question about pharo is welcome
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] [VIDEO TUTORIAL] How to use external code editors
to code in Pharo

>Everybody is of course totally free to do whatever they want, but really,
why the hell would you want to do that ?

>You lose so much by doing that, I do not even know where to start.
>
>A big part of what makes Pharo (or any Smalltalk) special is the IDE
written in itself.

>Editing a .st file has always been possible, it is masochism.
>
>There is for example https://github.com/dmatveev/shampoo-emacs which
already makes a bit more sense (but even then).

>Really, why do you think all these big IDE environments exist in the first
place ?

>Sven

Having the entire class in one text file so that you can see all of the
functionality without a ridiculous amount of  clicking around is a huge
bonus.
Especially for those of us that come from a C#/Java environment.  Also,
VS-Code provides a nice self-learning code completion mechanism,
so you don't lose auto-completion.

Win-win.

Craig