From: William Zucca <rochr...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Phono-L] Stuck Motor Board
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Monday, January 10, 2011, 8:04 PM

Dear Phono-Lers:

I recently acquired a Victrola VV-XVII.  It is pretty nice machine but is
missing the crank, needle cup, motor board knob, and one large storage door
knob.................

ANYWAY...............

After removing the screws that hold down the motor board (two in the front
and perhaps a third in the rear center just in from the tonearm bracket), I
have been unable to get the board to either swivel on a pivot or come up out
of the top of the machine!  What am I doing wrong?  There is no movement of
the motor board in any direction.  It is stuck tight.  Any suggestions about
how to remove it?

On the back of the machine there is a panel that seems to be held in with
two brass screws on its bottom edge and also has two "acorn" wooden plugs at
the top.  I removed all of these and this panel too is stuck fast!  What is
going on?

Regards,
GrnMountain Bill