From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of William Zucca
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 10:01 PM
To: Antique Phonograph List
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Stuck Motor Board

If I could verify that the motor board is on a swivel then I would place a
board lined with a felt strip on it across the BACK of the motor board and
give a few swift blows with the mallet to see if I can loosen it.  Perhaps
someone who owns an XVII can verify that the motor board swivels on a pivot
just to the rear of its center so I don't do any damage.

GrnMountain Bill

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:54 PM, john robles <john9...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> SOunds like a case of simple warpage and wood swelling then...

This
> > is often the culprit, because the two arms of the stop yoke overlap form
> the
> > motorboard to the motorboard frame. Check this link to a photo of what I
> > mean. The yoke is circled in white.
> > http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/john9ten/
> > John Robles

12:34:00