Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... it's not PHP functionality that makes
html ugly as shown at validator.w3.org.  It's the person's
html/php coding ability to avoid coding mistakes.

Basically, PHP gives functionality.  A part of that functionality
is for the php programmer to make correct HTML as output so
the browser will render a page as output correctly.  If the
php programmer is a real bonehead and he/she can't instruct
php to return good HTML that doesn't make a HTML validator
from coughing up errors, it's not PHP's fault, it's the coders.

I've been programming PHP for quite a while now and I can't
think of a single regular thing in PHP that'd cause any
browser (Netscape or IE) to hang.  Any time that I've had
problems, it's because I didn't know the limits of what I
was coding to try and do something that is outside the
possibilities.

Whether it's storing information in a database, retrieving
information from a database, sending PHP headers to redirect
to another page or sending PHP headers to set a cookie, etc.
You have to know when you can do things in PHP and when you
can't.  If web pages hang in a browser, it's the buggy PHP
code that is interpreted that's causing the problems.  Not
PHP itself.

It's like putting gasoline w/ water in a gas tank.  It's not
the engine's fault it's spitting and sputtering.  It's the
fuel supply.

Tyler Nally
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
American Legion Website