Daniel Beulshausen wrote:

> hi,
>
> i've updated the sockets extension so that it's usable under win32 as
> well, however it's incompatible to the "old extension" for some reasons
> (thats why i want some feedback):
> sockets fd under win32 are usigned, the previous approach of returning
> long's and check for < 0 wouldn't have worked, thus it's been converted
> to use resources (which is also cleaner behaviour IMO).
> the return values of most functions had to be changed, because win32 has
> an complete different error handling.

I've been meaning for a while to do this, so yes, that's perfectly ok.

I don't quite understand "the return values of most functions had to be
changed because win32 has a completely different error handling".  Can
you elaborate a bit more.

Also, strerror() is to my knowledge, available on Win32 systems (check
out FormatMessage()).

*ouch*

I WILL NOT DO WINDOWS PROGRAMMING
I WILL NOT DO WINDOWS PROGRAMMING

> as that together would already break old scripts i've also renamed the
> functions to (hopefully) go with the standards.

The naming looks pretty good.  It seems like most people want this (I
don't, but, ah well.)

Nice Job!

-Sterling