On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 01:48:06AM -0400, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> Well, it probably could be done anyway (abstract it another step).
> However, I don't see it really being that beneficial.  The socket
> functions provide *low level* access to the system socket features.
> There's no real point in abstracting that (I think it gets a bit to
> confusing if you do) any further.

The only thing I would want, is that the type of the socket is stored
in some internal datastructure. That is if the socket is PF_INET,
PF_INET6 or PF_LOCAL. The old code and maybe yours, used getsockname()
to check the type, but you can't really trust getsockname() to get the
appropriate info unless the socket has been bound. I've checked this on
a few systems some months ago.

Stig