<disclaimer>I don't appear to have seen/received the rest of this thread,
so please pardon any mistakes in advance...</disclaimer>

On 2001-05-16 20:49:30, "Andi Gutmans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Would it make sense to try to integrate the new php_streams into this
> extension?
> It might give php_streams a push and I'm sure Wez would work with you
> fixing any remaining issues.
> It would be a nice test bed.
> What do you think?

I'm not sure that the sockets extension would benefit from php_streams as
much as php_streams would benefit from the sockets extension, if you see
what I mean.

I would like to see it using php_streams, as that would result in PHP being
much more flexible for the person coding in PHP; they needn't worry about
the type of the file handle they pass to any function.

To integrate php_streams properly, ext/sockets should converge with fsock.c
and use the same underlying sockets implemented as php_streams (it's not
too much work).

I think it's a good idea to get it done.

--Wez.