On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 08:49:30PM +0300, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> At 20:40 18/08/2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >I'm not happy with that indeed. ZE1 is still the current version, and I
> >wouldn't see any reason to not extend it (or even backport things from
> >ZE2 as this patch is largely about).
>
> Why not backport all the changes then?
> I'm -1 on introducing any new features in ZE1.  I think Andi is too.  If
> everyone votes against us, you know, there are other people with commit
> access, but it's a bit of a slap in the face, especially considering this
> is Andi's code in the first place.

    we _want_ to work together, right? atleast i want that. i
    have pulled my hair many times for having a real-backtrace on
    a production-site _without_ having to load an extension that
    makes the whole site ~10% slower (sorry, derick)

    you are slapping into the users face by saying, wait another
    6 month for something that could be available as soon as 4.3.

    BTW: the code we're talking about is neither magic nor very
    complex. andi, sorry i you felt me stepping on your feet;-)

    zeev, this discussion should be pure technical, any political
    or personal things should be left off!

    tc