Here my opinion, in case it is worth anything:

Backport debug_backtrace():   +1
Backport all ZE2 changes:     -1
Get more momentum behind ZE2: +1

On 08/18/02, "Thies C. Arntzen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     zeev, this discussion should be pure technical, any political
>     or personal things should be left off!

+0
ZE/PHP should not be influenced by politics, but there should be some
steering: I agree that most of the ZE2 changes should stay in ZE2
so that there is a larger "conceptual" difference between engines 1 and 2.
It will help people realize that there is a difference, and help reduce
the amount of bogus bug reports that are sure to come in if we sneakily
introduce ZE2 changes before 5.0.

While I want ZE2 ASAP, it is some time away. debug_backtrace() is
such an important feature that would increase the productivity of
many developers (saving everyone a lot of time and money).

Generally speaking, and please don't take offense, I think that one
of the problems with ZE2 is that development is slow.  I understand
that there are several very good reasons for that, but the real
problem is that there aren't enough people with enough time, knowledge,
skill and familiarity with ZE to help Andi to push it forward
(and implement it correctly).

Additionally, some things (such as delegation) still don't have a clearly
defined spec or consensus of opinion (the RFC is good, but could benefit
from Andi and Stig reviewing the details and finalizing them).

Short of supplying a replacement programmer to take over his real-world
job, gaffer-taping Andi to his workstation and supplying an IV drip of
red bull and caffiene, I can't see how else to give ZE2 development
more momentum :-))

That's all I'm going to say on this matter; I'll withdraw and get on
with my work now (yes, it's 8pm on Sunday - I'm busy too).

--Wez.