On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Andi Gutmans wrote:

>I still think it shouldn't go in. This is the only feature in Engine 2
>which might make non-OOP people convert. Once this isn't in Engine 2 we
>don't have a carrot for them.

    I guess you want PHP 5 only to have ZE2 as the only major change?

    Then let's forget 4.3.0 and make it PHP 5 with ZE2. Then there
    is something else too that might make people more eager to update..:)
    (And we'd have one less QA month in front of us. :)

    I'm +1 for getting this backtrace thing in PHP asap. It's more
    useful for my work than any of that OOP stuff ZE2 has. And I'd
    rather have it now than wait indefinately for PHP 5 to be released.

    --Jani