There is no proposed patch to affect all these changes. There are fine ways to print errors that don't necessitate having them loaded at run time. They could be in a dbm file, or even a flat file hierarchy and loaded on demand. This would not be as fast as a hash table, but when you're actually printing errors, a slight overhead seems acceptable (to me, ymmv)