On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Marcus Börger wrote:

MBr>>> Just because you only need to type the name of the CGI sapi once:
MBr>>> In other word one single time until we decide the name changes.
MBr>>> But you will use a command line interface hopefully very often. I
MBr>>> for one do and i am not going to type php-cli.exe because it is way
MBr>>> much to long.

Sorry Marcus, but - even though I think these names are better - the same could be
said for a cli:
ln -s php-cli php
or even:
alias php /usr/local/bin/php-cli

For windows - you could move php-cli.exe to C:\WINNT\system32\php.exe and it's
preferred in the path (or set %PATH%).

But - changing the name for the CGI, breaks server environments...

I think on windows, the two executables, should be named the php.exe and the cgi
stored in the standard php4 dir and the cli version in bin/. This way you have the
best of both worlds - it won't break CGI - and a simple PATH adjustment takes care of
the cli problem.

For unices, we could provide a --with-cgi-name configure option and default to php,
with --disable-cli.

Just my 2c
--
With kind regards,

Melvyn Sopacua
<?php include("not_reflecting_employers_views.txt"); ?>