+1. As much as this list is a good thing for advancing development in a sane
way, it creates too many political debates. It causes elitism. In a project
like the ASF, where elitism is almost acceptable, this list would be fine,
however for the PHP project where the emphasis is on community, and allowing
people to get involved, this kind of list just adds bad feelings.

I do not have time or expertise to make PHP5 a reality in the way that Zeev,
Rasmus, Derick or any of the other people on the list do -- i readily admit
that; but I most certainly am interested in the ways that you are taking
PHP5, and if something detrimental was to crop up, (eg, disabling
register_globals entirely, which has been mentioned more than once for PHP5)
, then I would like to be able to add reasoned argument against.

Open up the list so that people can read it, and moderate posts, as you are
continuing too, Andrei.

 -- james