At 00:08 24/01/2003, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
You should have learned this by now.  Perception and warm fuzzies is an
extremely important part of a large open source project that relies
heavily on a large number of volunteers.  Messing with that is playing
with fire.  I believe we can get work done on php-dev, especially if
people can hold back on replying to trolls.
Please don't preach to me, thank you.

As Andi said, it's very nice to be the nice guy, and volunteer to sort the noise from the real content, when others are the ones who have to do the work. Volunteering others is always easy.

I did not say nuke php-dev. I said we need php5-dev, and we need it quiet and productive right now. But as you realized by now, your posts did a good job at alienating the very same users that you were supposedly helping. It wasn't even an issue until you made it one.

Zeev (literally feeling the wings of history as a certain someone admitted a mistake for the first time since 1997!)