Dear Voting Representatives,

The customary two-week period of discussion prior to a vote has expired. I
thank you for your patience, and your participation. I have two last points to
make:

- There has been no clarification from the complainants on exactly what they
think removing me from voting status will achieve. Aura will still have a vote,
and I will still be present on the mailing list to speak as I will. I ask
again: how exactly do the complainants feel this action will provide redress
for their complaint? The Voting Representatives among them surely must have
some idea.

- Some have chided me for not negotiating with the complainants. Note, however,
that the complainants have failed to state any conditions or terms. Instead,
Larry Garfield concluded his initial message with, "I will be voting in favor
of Paul's removal from FIG." That is not the opening of a negotiation; that is
a statement of an intended action. So if you feel I am not negotiating, it is
because none has been called for. (Further, if it were called for at this late
hour, it would now have to be seen as being in bad faith.)

Finally, to the complainants: you wanted to hang me, so start tying the noose
and call the vote.

Thank you all, again and as always, for your time and attention.

--

Paul M. Jones
http://paul-m-jones.com