Hey, Michael. I don't intend to further this discussion, but I'd like to
reply to Paul's last post.

>> Indeed, since not everyone here agrees that my speech was objectionable,
perhaps you can say specifically (in reference to the many points you
raised) what you would have *liked* me to have said instead of what I
*actually* said. That would probably be the best indicator of your desires.

>None of the complainants has yet volunteered how they would modify my
messages (as linked in Larry Garfield's points-of-complaint) to make my
words conform to their sensibilities regarding "tone."

Paul, in the few examples I presented in this thread, I don't think any
suggestion is necessary, at all. But to prevent you from repeating this as
a valid argument, I'll forward my suggestions.

1.
> You know, you're right -- maybe I should try being the driving force
behind roughly half the PSRs produced by this group instead.

> (/me shrugs)
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/7XPPLEDJDwAJ>:

You could've said nothing at all, or you could've said something along the
lines of "I don't agree I'm not a constructive member". "/me shrugs" was
just plain childish.

2.
> I have been remarkably restrained in my commentary. However, if you want
to keep poking at it, I can become less restrained. Your call.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/Mkna9CLJDwAJ>

You could've very well stopped at "I've been restrained in my commentary".
No need to threaten people with unprofessionalism.

3.
> /me shrugs
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/sfe47DfJDwAJ>

This was just unnecessary. No need to send an entire email with a sarcastic
remark.

4.
> I agree. Be sure to tell that to Phil Sturgeon, who has been insulting to
me on this list, on Twitter (where he tweets bravely about me from behind a
block), on Reddit, on his website, on his podcast, and goodness knows where
else.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/XKGfyjDDDwAJ>

There was just no need to discuss your fight with Phil in this thread.

5.
> It is that if you're going to call "people" out for bad behavior, be sure
to call out Phil, who is far more deserving of it.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/MWpxepLIDwAJ>

There was just no need to keep on discussing your fight with Phil in this
thread.

6.
> And thank goodness for that.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/RwFMv1NokBQ/tdXoFNvIDwAJ>

Third email within the same thread discussing "it's phil's fault".

7.
>... in his usual fashion. You know how I like consistency, Phil; thank you
for always being a drama queen.

>Besides, I thought you left? (/me shrugs)
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/php-fig/cjLBp2weYaA/up8nw9fXDQAJ>

Calling Phil a "drama queen". I don't have any advice here, if you think
this was really necessary within a FIG thread, I don't think we'll agree on
much. Also, what exactly is "/me shrugs" going to contribute to the
discussion?

There you go. That's MY advice.