Couple of days of ago we had a nice thread on the use of XSLT. This is a situation where XSLT would be an ideal solution.

Raquel Rice wrote:

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:06:13 -0500
"erythros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

you probably just want what everyone wants... a seperation of
design from content.

as for applying the variables to the style sheet it depends on
what youre trying to do. what are the variables for? to request a
specific css file? or are they to supplement the ccs file (ie: use
value x for width of div), or are they to override the css file?

i may have it wrong but what it sounds like is that you want to
have a default css file then allow the user to make changes via
the ini file. is this what youre after?

Well, yes ... in a way. The plan is to have a main site, where users can have a subsite off the main site. I want to give the users the ability to customize, to an extent, their own subsite if they wish, while the main site retains the look I give it.

--
Raquel
I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still

--
Raditha Dissanayake.