On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:49:17 -0700, you wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:34:51 +0600
>Raditha Dissanayake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Raquel Rice wrote:

>> >Well, yes ... in a way.  The plan is to have a main site, where
>> >users can have a subsite off the main site.  I want to give the
>> >users the ability to customize, to an extent, their own subsite
>> >if they wish, while the main site retains the look I give it.
>>
>> Couple of days of ago we had a nice thread on the use of XSLT.
>> This is a situation where XSLT would be an ideal solution.
>
>Where would you suggest I begin my education?

I think he's suggesting parsing and rewriting the CSS files - treating them
as INI files. Personally, I think XSLT os overkill for this, but then I
think it's a pig's ear fullstop.

Write a script that opens your CSS file, parses the current CSS settings out
of it, and displays them as a form. The user then updates and submits new
values, and the script writes the new values the the CSS file.

I'd bet money that a PHP class for reading and writing CSS files already
exists, too.