Chris Shiflett wrote:
Perhaps Marco can try an "Ask Jeeves" type of Web app. Is that the sort of
thing you are suggesting?

So, as another feature of this mailing list archive, there could be a place
where people can ask a question, and Ask Marco will try to come up with some
suggested posts to read. This would give people even fewer excuses to not check
the archives. :-)

Well, to a certain degree our archives already work like this. For example:

Returns the results for the question "ho do I alternate table row colours?", and AFAICS the results returned are quite on target, so we're not too far from *that* goal.

The problem is that people don't know/use/want to be bothered with a Web interface, and use the mailing lists instead, so this service should IMO be somehow connected with the list proper.

Cheers,

Marco

Chris

=====