--- Matt Babineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All this aside what about using the ASCII value of the & symbol.
> (I think its ASCII).
>
> You know how sometimes links with spaces in them are %20 instead
> of the actual space? I'm not sure what it is but I am pretty sure
> there is a %something for and ampersand symbol.

I think you're thinking of URL encoding, which won't work.

Actually, URL encoding is specifically used so that this won't work. It allows
you to encode data in such a way that it can't possibly interfere with the
structure of a URL.

An ampersand is the proper separation character; the HTML entity is only needed
within HTML to satisfy certain standards. When it comes to the URLs used in the
HTTP transactions, the HTML entity will not be seen (unless the browser has
made a serious error).

Chris

=====
My Blog