Hi,

         I have apache, php 4.1.2 running on windows machine. The
following are the seetings related to sessions in php.ini file

         register_globals =off
         session.autostart=1
         session.use cookies=0
         session.use_trans_sid=1

        Now i have the following code in my default.php
        <head> test</head>
        <form name=form1 method=post action=frm2.php>
                <?php
                        session_start();
                        $_SESSION['mytest']="value";
                ?>
        </form>

        frm2.php

        <head>session value</head>
        <form name=frm2>
                <?php if (isset($_SESSION['mytest']))
                      echo "set<BR>;
                  echo "the session value is ". $_SESSION['mytest']
."<br>";
                ?>
        </form>

        Now the session_id get passwd across forms but the session
variable does not get passwed.

        Any guess what is the problem.

-vimala/.