"Steve Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Sam, if you wouldn't mind answering a question: are you still unable
> to connect to your mysql server?

I am able to connect now.

> I'm sorry that you feel its a time-consuming process.  I'm sorry that
> you are confused about the involvement of the firewall.  I'm sorry
> that you feel you know better than everyone on this list.  Just try
> this and prove us wrong.

The problem is that people's insistance. It was people's reaction when I
said I thought it was not relevant. There was a lot of stuff said that was
unnecessary. People could have simply said to try it, without the criticism.
To the extent that I was wrong, the apporopriate thing to do is to state
whatever facts are relevant and then give me a chance to use that
information.

I have posted over 12,000 messages in the CodeGuru.com Visual C++ forum, and
about 99% of the messages were efforts to help people. I know that there are
people that will not listen. When a person will not listen, it is a big
mistake to insult them. The attitude in this group would cause a serious
flame war if someone were truly not listening.