On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2008, at 20:27, Daniel Brown wrote:
>>
>>  Once again, keep in mind that, despite whatever the
>> black-and-white may indicated below, there's zero hostility or offense
>> meant herein.  Sometimes, due to the lack of inflection to
>> differentiate, it may seem otherwise.
>
> Likewise...

    See, Stut, there's a difference.  When I said it, I meant it.  ;-P

> Pull your head out of your arse Dan. There are plenty of lists on the World
> Wild Interweb where such discussions can and do take place. Such a list is
> not something the PHP community should provide even if you believe they owe
> it to you.

    Never once did I ever claim any sort of entitlement, did I?  And
the fact is, it's people on this list that are involved.  Did I start
an off-topic thread?  No.  Am I participating in one?  Sure.

    Now consider the description of the list itself:

        "This is a really high volume general list for PHP users."

    A "general list for PHP users."  I know damn well what the spirit
of it means, but by definition, it means a 'general forum for
discussion offered to members of the PHP community.'  Nothing
explicitly states that it must be PHP-related.  So before anyone
decides they'd like to jump the bandwagon and start a flame war over
something that could easily be avoided by not reading the thread
(again, as I'm sure a majority of threads are skipped by most of us on
a daily basis), I'd recommend taking that into consideration.  I'm
aware that it's with the intent and spirit of asking PHP-related
questions.... but quite frankly, the few posts in this thread probably
would've been the last.  Now there's more smatter than actual
substance.

> Fact remains that this is waaaay off-topic for *this* list. If you want to
> start a list for pointless discussions you can easily do so on Google
> Groups, for free. You may even get some subscribers. I think we'd tolerate a
> single email from you announcing it.

    And if you want to make presumptions, Stut, please do so for
yourself, and say, "I would" as opposed to speaking for the group and
saying, "we would."  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers - Intel 2.4GHz w/2TB bandwidth/mo. starting at just