Daniel Brown wrote:

>     Now consider the description of the list itself:
>
>         "This is a really high volume general list for PHP users."
>
>     A "general list for PHP users."  I know damn well what the spirit
> of it means, but by definition, it means a 'general forum for
> discussion offered to members of the PHP community.'  Nothing
> explicitly states that it must be PHP-related.  So before anyone
> decides they'd like to jump the bandwagon and start a flame war over
> something that could easily be avoided by not reading the thread
> (again, as I'm sure a majority of threads are skipped by most of us on
> a daily basis), I'd recommend taking that into consideration.

Dan, you're grasping at straws here.  People have in the past
called "OT" when posters have asked HTML- or javascript-only questions.

There's no flame-war brewing here at all, but whether or not you've
served in <any> countrys armed forces, what you think of them and how
they do their recruiting, is just way more OT than any javascript-only
question.
In fact, given the worlds divided view on the current use of e.g. the US
armed forces, this OT subject itself is pretty inflammable.

/Per Jessen, Zürich