On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Boyd, Todd M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You are right. This list, above many others I have subscribed to in the past,
> has done a very good job about keeping it PHP-related and not branching off
> into a political flame war (or even a polite political discussion--if those
> truly exist).

    Heh.  You obviously haven't been here very long (since May.... I
checked).  ;-P

    We get into all kinds of discussions that aren't PHP-related.
Check the archives for the "chicken vs. egg" thread in Spring,
2007.... which, if memory serves, continued in at least some form well
into Summer, 2007.

> I hold no ill-will towards any of you in any branch of any country's armed
> forces... but I have vehement opinions that I'm holding back for both of our
> sakes.

    I think we all do.  There's no way around that.  However,
regardless of how a thread may go off-topic, the fact is that the
spirit of the community is without borders, without prejudice, and
without discrimination.  When we communicate (via this list or
whatever), we all exist only in bits and bytes, as black and white,
and we're all the same.  We're computer geeks.

    The fact is, if you stick around long enough, you'll assimilate
with the group and find yourself more off-topic sometimes than a
toddler with ADHD amped up on caffeine.

    We're a community --- some of us friends.  Not a tech support firm.

    Thank [insert deity here].  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers - Intel 2.4GHz w/2TB bandwidth/mo. starting at just